OMG my grandma's potato salad is amazing!!! is there something that someone in your family makes ungodly good???

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom's baked beans- onion, bacon... yum!

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My Dad made the most amazing potato salad and i have never been able to figure it out. He had it all in his head, never wrote it down so I just make my own.... He's not alive anymore so I'm sure he's looking down and laughing when I try to make his...

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am sorry to hear grandma makes a special sauce for it with bacon green red and yellow peppers with olives pickles eggs the works!!!

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My MIL makes the Best potato salad too! My DH's cousin's uncle made Great Beef Stew!! I think that recipe is lost too!! I'm over joyed when I come across a Great Recipe! I always try to add+ Love!!

Answer by Angellinda at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My MIL makes the best mac and cheese.... down south style.... also the most AMAZING BBQ

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No way! My grandmother makes the best potato salad! lol Seriously though...hers is really good! lol I'm sure your's is too! YUM! Isn't it crazy how old recipies are the best?
    I'd like to see what your grandmother puts in hers!
    dill pickle bits

sour cream

Answer by sandypops at 3:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• whats your gramma's recipe for this salad? i would like to make it for my mother's party since she loves potato there a such thing as eggs and potato mixed together as a salad?

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My grandmother makes the best chicken and dumplings and chicken pie!

My mom makes the best stew beef (not beef stew) and country style steak with gravy!

My aunt makes the best broccoli and cheese casserole. You'd think that with that few ingredients it could easily be duplicated but out of the many broccoli and cheese casseroles I've had, her's CANNOT be topped!

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Sandypops, that is almost just like how I make mine but my pickles are sweet relish and I put some diced eggs in and sliced eggs on top with paprika for decoration. Also a little salt and pepper. I may try it with the sour cream and olives too. The big secret to making it good is not to over-cook OR under-cook the potatoes, right? That can ruin it right there. My Mom tends to under-cook the potatoes and regrets it big time afterward, lol!!
    sweet relish
    chopped eggs mixed in
    salt and pepper to taste
    sliced eggs and paprika on top to decorate

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My grandmother who is now deceased made the best macaroni salad, cole slaw and potato salad.....

Answer by momof3angela at 6:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010