OMG my grandma's potato salad is amazing!!! is there something that someone in your family makes ungodly good???

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom's baked beans- onion, bacon... yum!

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My Dad made the most amazing potato salad and i have never been able to figure it out. He had it all in his head, never wrote it down so I just make my own.... He's not alive anymore so I'm sure he's looking down and laughing when I try to make his...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am sorry to hear that....my grandma makes a special sauce for it with bacon green red and yellow peppers with olives pickles eggs the works!!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My MIL makes the Best potato salad too! My DH's cousin's uncle made Great Beef Stew!! I think that recipe is lost too!! I'm over joyed when I come across a Great Recipe! I always try to add+ Love!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My MIL makes the best mac and cheese.... down south style.... also the most AMAZING BBQ
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No way! My grandmother makes the best potato salad! lol Seriously though...hers is really good! lol I'm sure your's is too! YUM! Isn't it crazy how old recipies are the best?
    I'd like to see what your grandmother puts in hers!
    potatos
    onions
    olives
    dill pickle bits
    celery

mayo
    mustard
    sour cream
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• whats your gramma's recipe for this salad? i would like to make it for my mother's party since she loves potato salad...is there a such thing as eggs and potato mixed together as a salad?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My grandmother makes the best chicken and dumplings and chicken pie!

My mom makes the best stew beef (not beef stew) and country style steak with gravy!

My aunt makes the best broccoli and cheese casserole. You'd think that with that few ingredients it could easily be duplicated but out of the many broccoli and cheese casseroles I've had, her's CANNOT be topped!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Sandypops, that is almost just like how I make mine but my pickles are sweet relish and I put some diced eggs in and sliced eggs on top with paprika for decoration. Also a little salt and pepper. I may try it with the sour cream and olives too. The big secret to making it good is not to over-cook OR under-cook the potatoes, right? That can ruin it right there. My Mom tends to under-cook the potatoes and regrets it big time afterward, lol!!
    Mine:
    potatoes
    onions
    sweet relish
    celery
    mayo
    mustard
    chopped eggs mixed in
    salt and pepper to taste
    sliced eggs and paprika on top to decorate
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My grandmother who is now deceased made the best macaroni salad, cole slaw and potato salad.....
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 6:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010