Black Conservative Tea Party backers take heat.

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - They've been called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values. Now black conservatives are really taking heat for their involvement in the mostly white tea party movement—and for having the audacity to oppose the policies of the nation's first black president.
"I've been told I hate myself. I've been called an Uncle Tom. I've been told I'm a spook at the door," said Timothy F. Johnson, chairman of the Frederick Douglass Foundation, a group of black conservatives who support free market principles and limited government.

Is this right?
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9ETR1380&show_article=1

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree ANON 101 I am an AA Republican. I'm proud to say I'm not a follower. I do what I feel is right even if the majority in my race disagree. I think for myself and most AA Republicans looked into politics a little more for them to even consider being a Republican. The democrats who believe this or say this are immature and yes they do lack good character.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No, it is NOT right. It is NEVER right to persecute someone else for their political beliefs.

Expressing your opinion is how this country WORKS. Always has been. I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Carpy,

No it's not right but you know the rules, you can only be a true black person if you vote democrat.

It's on page 5 of the democrat handbook.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It just seems to be proof positive that some would rather make this about race than about politics and a government that has taken the wrong steps. I've never considered it a "White Tea Party" just an American Tea Party.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 3:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• That's it itsnotsobad it is American's voicing themselves.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It's on page 5 of the democrat handbook.

Ty and Wayne must have not gotten the handbook.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I think it's absurd, asinine, immature, selfish, unintelligent and frankly a sign of bad character to use a persons appearance, skin color or ethnicity as a basis for a political argument for or against anything. In this instance I mean ethnicity in that we all share this culture of being Americans and wanting to remain free and unencumbered by governmental policing to a degree that either does or threatens to inhibit our ability to or desire to make our own choices, distribute our own wealth and/or afford our own standard of living. Because the population against some of the decisions being made are actually examining those decisions and scrutinizing them with both question and intelligent debate it has inadvertently created a population that is willing to attack without either, and I am talking about *both* sides of the political argument as it stands today.
    Anonymous

• I TOTALLY agree with the Anon above!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Democrats have to keep the illusion of racism alive to keep the black vote. If the majority of the black population realized that they keep hearing the same empty promises from the left with no delivery they would switch to republican and the democrats would be history.
    Anonymous

• I also agree with anon 01
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010