Laundry rule

My rule at home since I do everyone's laundry and they can't seem to empty their pockets is if I find money, it's mine. I negotiate if I find more than a few dollars. Now, I don't have a washer and dryer and I do my laundry at someone else's house along w/ their laundry. If I find money in their load, should the rule still apply? He's my cousin if that matters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• hmmm...no...only your stuff
    Anonymous

• ha ha thats the only money i get for doing house work other than cleaning the couch out!!!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You should let them keep all the change since your using their water and electricity and adding more wear and tear to their machines.
    Anonymous

• So you do your cousins cloths too? Tell the cousin what you just told us. "If I wash your cloths and I find money in the cloths or washer or dryer. It is mine". If the cousin does not like it. The cousin can do his/her own laundry.

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Did he ask you to do his? If he did, then yes, I'd tell him and the rule would apply. If you're choosing to do it since you're doing yours anyway or as a thank you for letting you use his machine, then no, I wouldn't apply the rule to his stuff.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I clean his house. That's my job. I get paid to do it.
    Anonymous

• So no you do not keep any money you find in his cloths.

Answer by louise2 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Nope, if you are getting paid to do his laundry, you do not get to keep the change (money) from his pants. Your family is another matter. Besides, you are using HIS WATER, HIS ELECTRICITY, WEARING DOWN HIS MACHINES...So NO DO NOT KEEP HIS MONEY!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010