How to get rid of constant nausea/headaches...

I'm only a few wks pregnant, but I have been nauseas and had a TERRIBLE headache for well over a week straight. I haven't been able to sleep... just wondering if maybe this is part of pregnancy, or if it's something I need to get checked out...

Meeting my new OB on 4/20...

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My nausea was really bad too. I found these candies called Preggie Pops which take the edge off. They have ginger in them and it made it so I knew I would at least be able to go out of the house not worrying I was going to get sick in public. I also found that drinking milk and yogurt helped. About 3 weeks ago I read an article saying yogurt is proven to help nausea. Hopefully it will pass for you as you get further along.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• have you recently stopped coffee b/c of the pregnancy? drinking 1/2 of your bodyweight in water in ounces is what you should drink if not pregnant, and a little more when pregnant. eating food, smaller meals every 3 hours is better than eating only 3 meals a day. sometimes when pregnant it can be very helpful to eat every 2 hours. just 2 handfulls of food is all you need for a meal.
    congrats on your pregnancy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the help, ladies! I did quit eating sugary snacks and cut pop out of my diet altogether on March 10th, and my diet will officially end on April 10th, when I will have a piece of my son's 1st birthday cake! I have been going since the 10th, and going good, only flubbed a couple times when DH and I forgot... but I don't want to break my diet yet, this is my first experience... but I never had any problems like these with my first pregnancy...

Each is different, yes, but I'm just not sure I want to keep pumping myself full of Tylenol, you know? I'll try the Preggie Pops, for sure!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Caffeine helped relieve my headaches, but nothing helped my nausea except a prescription for Phenergan.
    Anonymous

• I am 27 weeks now, but in the beginning my nausea was unbearable. Believe it or not sucking on lemon heads will take the nausea away. I also used preggie pops.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• With my first pregnancy I had a headache for the first 2 months straight! It was awful! I was never nauseous though! I started seeing a chiropractor (okay'd by my ob from the start) and my headaches stopped right away!
    I've heard that the nausea stops around your second trimester, so best wishes to you!
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2010