Why all the bickering?

I often come here in this section to learn, share, and grow. But lately it just seems as though people just want to come here and argue. We all have opinions can't we just leave it at that? I understand how some of these women are outraged from the recent news about the Pope. I too have an opinion about it. I can also understand why Catholic women feel attacked by these questions as well, but last time I checked we lived in America where we are free to voice our opinions and views. So if you do not agree fine, but do not batter someone else for their opinions. Who are you to judge? What happened to just answering questions to the best of our ability and leaving it at that?? PEACE ladies PEACE.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I generally don't bash until I get bashed. As for my comments on this subject any catholic who has seen on any other catholic topic knows I will defend you this one I can't. My opinions have nothing to do with you or even Catholics in general. This is one subject that no-one should be docile about, and I do understand many of you are just as outraged about what happened. Those of attacking the offenders or saying law needs to be allowed to step in is not directed as any attack on you.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• What I don't understand is why some people will answer a question JUST to be insulting. It's sad. I've seen it a few times today. Just completely unprovoked nastiness.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Women are b!iches! We all are.
    Anonymous

• I've been a part of CM for almost 3 years now and I don't mean this to be rude, but if you have just *lately* noticed the bickering in this place - then you've probably just *lately* started noticing cuz it's been going on from the first day I signed up and I've never seen it stop. It has become the exception instead of the rule to have a normal, civil and reasonable debate about anything. You have some very good rules to follow - too bad there are people who just will not follow them. I see it as their own lack of character. It's much easier for those people to attack than it is to debate intelligently.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 4:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Boy do I know what you are saying I was lynched not too long ago for my opinion on the Pope subject, so much so that I decided to leave the question all together, a lot of the things I was trying to say got misinterpreted and I just took off. Peace would be nice!

Answer by older at 4:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• What I don't understand is the need to rehash an issue over and over. I'm not trying to be rude, and quite frankly, I have not seen a Catholic woman on here that has been rude in one of those questions, until they were provoked. I too didn't get upset in one question until I was accused of basically agreeing with the cover up and being told that I thought the molestations were ok. I try to present facts, and only facts. When the facts are misrepresented, I and other Catholic women try to correct. That's all I've seen. When we do that though, we get attacked. I'm sorry but that is the truth.

And I agree with a PP, I've been on here of almost three years as well, and if you're just now noticing this, well idk, but you haven't been in the places I have then.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Of course the molestation is not just a Vatican matter and it happens every day with all kinds of people. I think it is like finding out a beloved family member that YOU trust is actually doing harm to another. That is a serious blow to anyone's heart. I do think to properly heal, the Pope should make sure that EVERYONE, including himself co-operate fully. I can only have faith in the greater good and the human heart that those who are guilty will be brought forward. I have complete respect for Catholic members and I know all this is painful right now. I too want the innocent people protected but sometimes we need to question those who are really good people in order to find the ones who are harming others. I know it will all get sorted out because people are basically good at heart. I have to believe they will either turn themselves in or the Vatican will do it for them. I have to believe in the Good of us all.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• those that say they bash when getting bashed, maybe you should let peace begin with you
    Anonymous

• I have been around for about three yrs on Cafe mom.... sad to say stuff like this happens in other places too, not just Cafemom.
    The difference is other places are more moderated.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• there is one who has recently came, and she is making this section as bad as the polictical questions.
    Anonymous