anyone else bite their nails/cheeks?

I have been doin this all my life and just recently stopped for at least 2 months i would say. Then the other day all the sudden I started up again and my TMJ flared up once again. I am miserable. For the first time I can ever remember I was not biting or chewing and it was nice! And at the time seemed so easy, but I don't know what happened, I can't stop again. I know it's somewhat stress related, but I can't take these awful headaches that go along with it. I never had jaw problems till this past year that is why i tried so hard to quit. That is the only reason , otherwise i didn't care if I did it. Now I HAVE to quit, and stay that way. This is harder I think than anyone tryin to quit smoking or drinking. YES it is an addiction, and no I can't just stop buying ciggaretts or alcohol. My nails are always right in front of me. It's so hard!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• OMG...I bite the inside of my cheek too. My son as well...I don't know how to stop. I understand bigtime.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:43 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I bite my nails and I'm 52 (what, how OLD did I just SAY???). I stopped when I received my engagement ring, for at least a year, maybe as much as 3 years, I don't really remember back THAT far, lol....I can't stop now either. :(
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i actualy hate long fingernails. they get too dirty under then i am always picking at them...but i have to at least stop biting!!! if i keep my nails smooth and shorter they wouldn't bother me....but it don't take much for me to start biting
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 4:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Nail biting is gross even if you wash your hands a lot there is still tons of germs under your nails
    Anonymous