Have you ever...?

...seen a child that was INCREDIBLY homely and couldn't bring yourself to lie and say, "what a precious/cute/beautiful child!" or something of the like? Or heard someone else say it and wonder if they had something wrong with their vision? I usually feel bad for thinking, "that's an ugly kid" because I know looks aren't everything, but I also can't bring myself to lie to someone about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I honestly love kids, my husband doesn't says that some babies are not cute but I disagree-I think all babies are super cute! I couldn't really see myself being judgmental over a child like that.
    Anonymous

• Then just keep your judgemental mouth shut. Must be nice to be so perfect you get to judge everyone else on appearance. I am always shocked that nasty women like you still exist. You SHOULD feel bad for thinking that way, especially about A CHILD. Evil wench.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 4:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I know what you mean, some babies are just not cute! Surely, they'll grow into themselves though and be cuter with age. I love all children , even the not so cute ones, but I know exaclty what you mean...Ive even always said, If I had a baby that was ugly , id know it..I wouldnt be able to lie to myself, id love them all the same though! Personalities can make an not so precious baby adorable though! ;)
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• They're especially not cute right when they come out -- all red and squiggly, kind of purplish. ick. Some people just love babies for being babies, even if they're like giant wriggling prunes. That's when you say something like "Oh, look at that hair!" or whatever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No, Ive never found a baby I couldnt find something to compliment about.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• All children are beautiful in God's eyes. We are ALL children of God. Remember this next time you want to be judgemental about someone's child.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• OK so your answer is more politically correct and nicer than mine Robsmommy :) But to the same point I think....nicely said Mama.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 8:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Ugh, I hear ya! My friend's baby looks like the monster from Monsters, Inc. that got his lips stuck in the scream-sucker.

You can always do like Brian from Family Guy... "That's, uh, that's, uh, that's some baby!" Lol
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 1:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Wow, MizusT, angry much? I'm betting you were one of those ugly kids.

People are allowed to have opinions, and you having an ugly, argumentative personality us not helping your case any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2010