TMI

Ok... So i did the walk through at our hospital for when we deliver. They gave us a folder with info about them blah blah.. And about half way through the folder i see there is a pink hygine paper. It actually says you have to be clean shaven for delivery or they will have to do it for you... Not saying that i woulsnt normally be clean shaven but i dont know about you, but at 32 weeks now that is almost impossible!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is only for a c section....not a vaginal birth. the only reason they would need to shave you is if you have an episiotomy (have to get stitched up because you tore while giving birth).
    Anonymous

• I've had friends that worked in delivery and they would always make jokes about babies coming out with tons of hair, then oh..wait...nope, that's not the babies hair. I don't think they should make you shave, but I'm fully planning on having my husband clean me up a bit.
    mombychoice1982

Answer by mombychoice1982 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Oh no no no... It clearly says for vaginal birth.
    Anonymous

• I was not clean shaven...I had an episiotomy...I wouldn't have done for them and they didn't do it for me. So...I don't know why they think you need it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've had 3 babies at 2 different hospitals, about to have the 4th at a 3rd hospital, and I have never had to be shaved for any of them. I even had an episiotomy with one of those babies, and stitches with all 3.
    Anonymous