Into her own bed!?!

Okay, so, I know we started it, but hear me out! We have been letting our two year old daughter sleep in our bed for a while now, because we all shared one room. We just got lazy, and I have to admit, it does feel nice to sleep together as a family. But now, we've moved. She has her own room, and her own bed. We really need to get her in there at night, but she is so darned used to being with us at night, she will freak! I don't want her to scream herself to sleep at night, but she needs to learn to be in her own bed. Does anyone have a method that I could use to ease her into her bed, so it's not too terribly bad?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try staying in her room with her until she falls asleep, if the bed is big enough lay down with her until she falls alsleep. dont let her get back up when its bed time but you dont leave until she is asleep. It may take a few nights but eventually she will learn its her bed and her room and like being in it.
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I didn't do this personally, because my co-sleeping children were ready to move to their own rooms, but I have heard that it helps to try setting up her bed in your room. Get her used to sleeping in her own bed rather than yours. Then over time move her bed into her room.
    Anonymous

• We let our ds CIO when he was 13 months. Only took 3 nights & haven't had any problems since. He'll be 16 months tomorrow. GL :)
    aNzsMommy85

Answer by aNzsMommy85 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010