anyone taken zoloft before?

I have been on zoloft for about 6-7 months and I have gained almost 20 pounds...is this a side affect...nothing else has changed in my life except taking zoloft. Also, did you have probelms getting off of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• Ive taken zoloft for the past 2 yrs now and love it. I only take 25mg...which seems like nothing but it has truly made all the difference in the chemical imbalance that was making my life miserable. It didnt make me gain weight and Ive heard it actually sometimes helps people lose weight...Maybe you just feel better in general so your eating more with out even realizing it. You should probably talk to your dr. about this though. I took a BC once that made me gain, I kid you not, 40 lbs in 3 months! No one told me that would happen and its just how my body reacted.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've been on it for about 6 months now and I love it. I've lost weight, but my doctor said that usually people gain weight on it. It depends on your body chemistry. See if your doctor can prescribe you something else. Don't stop taking it cold turkey though. That is dangerous. I went without it for a week and I got sick. Flu-like symptoms, shaky, irritable, it wasn't fun. Talk to your doctor, I'm sure there is something they can do. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I take it, but only for about 10 days a month before I start my period. It helps my mood swings. I do know that it makes me so tired and the dr did say that it may cause weight gain.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2010