Do you have a favorite Bible verse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Psalms 37:11 & 29
    also like prov. 3:5-6
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I actually have several, but one that comes to mind was one that was a favorite of my paternal grandmother (who died before I was born) and it's one I had at my wedding:

From Psalm 118: "This is the day the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad!"
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• colossians 3:12-15:
    Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It;s so hard to have one favoirte verse but i would go with John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Jermiah 29:11 ~ For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future
    My son fought leukemia (and won) and this verse really comforted me!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 3:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2010