I'm so stressed what can I do too much going on and not knowing where to go from here

My dad is going through alot of medical stuff, my grandson who's 2 got his elbow dislocated and is going through MRI & medical tests to see what is going on then there was Easter and getting ready for that. Now I get a call from school that my dd took a knife to school that was found Friday at the dr's office when I took my dad (because he's sick) and is now suspended for 2 days. I know it doesn't seem like maybe it's alot but it is alot. Between all that & work I am so stressed out and don't know what to do or where to go. I just want/am crying that my dd got suspended. I know that it's against school rules that's not it. It's that I feel like there is just too much stuff going on and I feel like I'm loosing it.
I guess I don't even know what I am asking what should her punishment be? I took away the TV, no playing w/ friends & she knows what she did is wrong. She just showed it nothing else. Help Me Thanks for kind answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm so sorry you are going through all this now. Stress can really mess you up. I know from my mom being sick and have a crappy job at the same time. You have to find some way to destress. Do you like exercise? Do gardening or go for nightly walks. Are you married or do you have someone to talk to? Getting it out is the best thing for you. I know it all seems bad to you but it all sounds like it will get better. I hope your dad is getting the medical help he needs and your grandson is not going to die from a dislocated elbow. As far as your daughter, if you believe she knew it was wrong and she meant no harm then do whatever it takes to make her understand it CAN"T happen again. If she has a special activity she likes to do, take it away. Make her go to bed early or clean house with you one Sat. Something that means something to her. Take a break, you need it. Chin up, things will get better.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Being suspended is punishment enough in my opinion. There is no reason to go into over kill on it. Use it as a teaching opportunity to show her why it's important to follow the rules. I wouldn't get so stressed over these things. They are all a part of life. Don't let them overwhelm you. Just take one thing at a time. Maybe I'm used to chaos and drama in my family with 3 adult children and nine grandkids There is always something going on! My grandson is at the ER as we speak, my dd is stressed over a test at school, another one is stressed over her mail box (long story)...the list goes on but this is daily stuff for us! It will be fine. Just take a deep breath.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies I know you're right I just needed to get it all out there just seems to be so much stuff going on right now. Just too much drama. Thanks My dad is getting medical help which is one reason why the knife was found at the drs office by someone else and gave it to my dd. I know my grandson will be fine it just seems like evrything happens all at once. I am married I do like to garden and go for walks too. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate knowing that someone cares enough to respond. Hugs to you both!!
    Anonymous