has anything happened in your life to make you closer to Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yup...leaving religion
    Anonymous

• Never have been, and never will be.
    AzaleasMommy

Answer by AzaleasMommy at 5:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• nope
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My father died my senior year of highschool , he was literally one of my bestfriends..I was so close to him. My mom was an alcholic and was never there but my dad was through everything. It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through. After he died I was stuck in a house with my stepmom who hated me and would tell me I have know Idea how hard it is to lose a spouse , its not like losing a parent. I wanted to punch her. I felt so alone. My HS career was spent in a 4 yr relationship with a boy who broke up with me about a month before I found out my dad had 6 months to live. I had friends but noone I was close too. I felt like completely giving up on God and didnt understand how he could put me through something that didnt make me want to live anymore. So I said a prayer, I prayed that God would send me my husband , I knew I was young but Ineeded my spouse I didnt know how else Id get through this,
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• So I made a list of everything I wanted in a spouse like they suggested wed do at a church camp id gone too...and i prayed and prayed for my spouse, I fetl like I was talking to noone but sure enough I got married a yr later..and when I met him , it was the craziest feeling in the whole world, I knew I was going to marry him but I hardly knew him. It was like making a fairytale list of your dream guy and getting just that.
    I can tell you one thing I never question God anymore . I know hes real and im living proof and everytime I look at my husband of nearly 6years im reminded of it. He is still my best friend to this very day and I couldnt imagine me with anyone else. I am so thankful God is real and he answered my prayer.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• One thing that made me feel closer to Christ is the Good Friday Service...also Stations Of The Cross. This past Good Friday service was especially meaningful and encouraging of my relationship with Jesus.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• His love draws me near to Him because I choose to draw near to Him.
    Let's see, I lost my dog, 2 friendships, going through a divorce and he just lost his job which affects me financially within a 10 month period.
    Am I mad at God? Nope! Am I deeply in love with Him... YES!
    Did God do this? Nope, choices we made did.
    Is God mad at me? Nope, He loves me outrageously!
    I have so much to be thankful for in midst of pain, grief and sorrow! Joy comes in the morning and His joy is what gives me strength to move forward.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• There is a verse from the song Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman

He gives and takes away, gives and takes away , Lord I will still say Blessed be your name!

Sometimes He gives us things and takes away things and yet I will will say Lord, Blessed be your name

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I grew up in a religious family but was never really 100% until I got pregnant and started to realize the miracle of life; throughout my pregnancy I prayed for a healthy baby & pregnancy and when our baby was born with a birth defect I think it pushed me closer to God because of one day having to explain to my son that it was the way God created him. Five years and 2 more babies later (with no birth defects) I am even closer to God and am proud that my sons are too.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 7:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010