Gestational Diabetes

found out i have GD and was put on the diet plan. Well im fallowing the plan and even doing so my scores are always between 130-160. And are 103-110 in the morning. I do not want to be put on insulin... Of corse ill do what they tell me to but it sucks. Im just wondering for those who had GD, when did u deliver and how much did your baby weigh? C-seciton or vaginal?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 5:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Both were vaginal and both were induced 2 weeks early, the first was 9 pounds 5 oz and 20 inches he was a butterball lol the second was 8 pounds and i think 9oz? he was close to 9 pounds and 22 inches my skinny baby. My thrid pregnancy I was in the clear no GD at all and she was 2 weeks late tottally natural and only weighed 8 pounds 2 oz 21 inches so she was a nice size :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Had GD with Both kids....had vaginal delivery with both. My son was 2 weeks early and was 7lbs 8 oz

My dd was 2 weeks early too, she was 8 lbs 1 oz.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I had it with both kids. First one was vag. delivery day before my due date and weighed 7lbs, 9 ounces. 2nd one was a c-section a week early, for reasons not related to GD, and weighed 6lbs, 11 ounces.

I just stuck pretty strictly to the diet and daily walking and didn't need insulin. You're right, it does suck. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I've had gestational diabetes with 3 of my previous kids and now have it with baby #5. My 2nd was 40 weeks 1 day and weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, my 3rd was induced at 38 weeks (due to size concerns) and was 7 lbs 7 oz. My 4th was a csection at 39 weeks and weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and my 5th will be a csection no later than 39 weeks as well. Keep in mind that exercise is very important in maintaining your levels. My 2nd and 3rd were both diet controlled, my 4rd I took a medication called glyburide every morning since my blood sugars tended to "spike" right after breakfast no matter what I ate. This time my fasting levels have been right around 100 until this past week and I thought I was going to have to go on insulin. Tip from a diabetic - if you wake up in the middle of the night to pee anyway (I do) eat a small snack then, this will prevent your levels from going too high in the night and your fasting levels will be lower.

Answer by missanc at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I had GD with my son. I stuck to the eating plan, walked for exercise, and tested as ordered. My son was delivered vaginally and weighed 7lbs. 4oz. and was 20 1/2 in. long. After the baby arrives, try to stay on the eating plan if you can, and continue exercising. I developed type 2 diabetes partly because of my GD, but diabetes also runs on both sides of my family. Good luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i had it with my first son and my results were never as high as yours after I started the diet plan. they didn't ever get over 110!! my son was 7lbs 13oz and a vag delivery, not big at all!!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2010