leavin a kid in the car

I have a two year old and she was asleep when i had to pump gas. I locked the door and ran to pre pay. Was what i did wrong? i was gone all of 1 min and had a view of my car the whole time... but i was wondering who all has done this and thoughts and opinions on this subject... please no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I personally wouldn't do it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I've done it as well. It's dangerous but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I never have or will it is not worth the risk it only takes a minute for something bad to happen
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 5:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I do not think what you did is totally wrong. But it might be illegal in some states.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSnxFea-_eA&feature=player_embedded
    Anonymous

• it's illegal in my state.
    but when i was little my mom used to do it to use. ...all 4 of us. cant imagine the number of times someone had the opportunity to kidnap us and it never happened. not to say that it never happens ever. ...just that you have to know your town, and your kids.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have an almost 2 year old. I use my debit card because I'm too paranoid about something happening the minute I'm gone.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I'll do it sometimes, I have 2 kids that sometimes it's just not feasible to take them in when I just have to write a check to get gas or whatever. I lock the doors and we have tinted windows, you can't even see in the car. If it's hot out nope I won't. Also, if it's way too cold for them to get out, I will....it's a situational thing.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I wouldn't take a chance. Get gas another time when your alone, don't wait until last minute. Or pay at the pump with a credit card.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Nothing wrong with it when you can see the car. It's better than being a smother mother or a helicopter mom who never lets their child be more than 2 inches away from them ever.
    Anonymous