would you allow her to stay with you?

one of my husbands coworkers lost her job and is about to lose her house. my husband told her she could stay with us without asking me. first off he knows my views on room mates...i dont want them. when my nephew was homeless i gave him the number for the local shelter...so its not so much that im biased
i dont want her stuff cluttering my place, we are a family of 5 in a small 3 bd apt. i dont want her on my couch, i dont always go to bed the same time every night i sometimes stay up late(1 or 2 am) to watch movies, and somtimes the kids get up early to watch cartoons(5 or 6 am) i dont want to have to be fully dressed 24/7(sometimes i like to go around in t shirt and panties). and on top of that my DH has a thing for this girl(she is 20) he joked around that if she stayed that we can have some fun...she is also bi, and im bi but she isnt my type and im just not into the playing around stuff. my dh says im being selfish CONTI

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Hun, I would say NO NO NO!!!! Number 1: if you sent your own family to a shelter because you have issues with someone living with you then you are only going to cause family drama by allowing this woman to live with you. Number 2: Your hubby has a thing for her but you find no interest in her...umm, that is spelling out trouble, seems like you just might find your man "having a midnight snack" himself if you allow her to stay. Who's to say how long she'll need to stay? Who's to say that you won't have this roommate for longer than you desire. I have the same thing; no roommates! I've had them over and over in my last relationship and hun, you are asking for trouble. Tell hubby that yes, you are being selfish and then hand this co-worker the number to the local shelter.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• HELL NO
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• op here

her parents and siblings live a half hour away and her husbands family is in town...her husband is in prison for conspiracy to deliver drugs.

on top of everything else we are barely making it as it is. we cant afford to feed her and then the utilities will go up cause she has to bathe and wash clothes and she want to play on the computer and watch tv and probably have her husband call here from prison, and thats expensive it cost $20 just to connect plus whatever the charges are for collect calls. and doing a block isnt optional in case my brother needs to call for emergency purposes
    Anonymous

• I know unless I had reason to believe the coworker would steal either my money, possessions or husband, I would never turn away someone in need. Same goes for your nephew, esp for him because he is family.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 6:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No

Answer by admckenzie at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• That would be a BIG NO if my S/O invited another woman to live with us. That's not only not only disrespectful of him not to ask but also VERY inappropriate in my opinion.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• No, I would not let her stay. I would confront hubby and let him know that she will not stay at your house. There might be a fight and thats ok, just let him know that is will not happen..

My SIL, wanted to stay with us and I told my hubby the same thing. He was upset for awhile but he got over it. Long story but it would not have been good if she stayed.

If a girl he liked wanted a place oh hell no... Bi or not. She can go somewhere else.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Um, HELL NO. Nope. Sorry. Husband already showed an interest (joking or not) and so I wouldn't want to risk my marriage, or family, FOR NO ONE.
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 6:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• In the case of your husband having "a thing" for her, I would say definately not. He should have at least aked you first. My husband and I do have an open-armed policy for family members if they need a place to stay and friends would be on a case-by-case basis that he and I agree upon TOGETHER. You have a right to put your foot down.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Absolutely not!
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2010