What's the best way to get into a housekeeping routine?

I'm new at the whole housewife thing.. And I know HOW to clean and do stuff like that, its just the organizing and decorating of my house that I want and need the most help with.. The decorating is what's driving me crazy cuz I haven't had the money to get anything done..

CaseyR808

Asked by CaseyR808 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• google flylady.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i've been doing this for 2 years. but if someone can think of a way to stay on routine i'd love to hear it. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• when I 1st got married I did this:

monday: kitchen and pay bills/balance checkbook

tuesday: bathroom and shopping

wednesday: bedroom and hallways

thurs: linens, laundry, vacuum

fridays: sweep, mop

saturday cook, bake, freeze stuff

sunday: my day off

if u have a schedule and break it up, it can be much less overwhelming.

and eventually you'll prioritize in your own ways.... just stay calm, break it up.

good luck :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I do a little of everything every day just to keep it up but we do the mopping, vaccuuming, dusting and bathrooms on saturdays...sundays are our day off.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Hire a housekeeper :)
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• She said she didn't have the money to decorate, why would she hire a housekeeper?

Organization takes time and a few tools. You need file folders and a file box for important papers. Have a dedicated place for mail and bills. Laundry should have baskets - in my house - one per bedroom as all bathrooms connect directly to bedrooms.
    Decorating...do a little at a time. Look at painting walls, if you have a decent digital camera and a decent inkjet printer that will do regular paper sizes....look for frames on clearance and print out 8X10 photos of things you like, family members etc. and put them up on the wall. If you don't have a printer...take your memory card to Wal-Mart, Target, etc to the Kodak stand and print them out there. Look for pillows to change up your sofa, blankets to brighten up the back of a chair....look at goodwill or consignment shops for rugs etc. GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have friend who owns a dollar store and she said alot of people buy the gift bags and 8x10 frames and cut out the best part of the gift bag and insert that into the frame. Think... floral gift bag, 2 sides and 2 frames...3 bucks...disney gift bag, 2 sides, 2 pictures for the kids room!
    My step daughters mom takes wild life pictures out of magazines and inserts them in 8x10 frames.
    myself, well I just do pics of the family everywhere, and pick up nic nacs and pictures from thrift stores and garage sales.
    Cleaning...I do the kitchen every night and the living room every morning, the bathrooms and everything else gets done on monday's and Thursday's I do the shopping...
    When my kids were crawlers I did floors every morning while they ate breakfast, then the kitchen after and deep cleaned on saturday's when my husband could keep the kids out of my way while I cleaned.
    Just make a to do list ever night before bed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2010