bedtime and daycare?

I am trying to move my 4 month old son to a earlier bedtime. He often has a bottle at 4pm, and we get him home from daycare around 4:30. He's usually really tired in the afternoon, but I'm not sure when to put him to bed for the night. Right now, he's napping from 5/5:30 - 6:30, and then bottle around 7 and bedtime around 7:30 but it seems like I should just try to put him to bed for the night earlier. What do I do about feeding him though? Just wait for him to wake up in the middle of the night? Dreamfeed?

Any advice is welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why should he go to bed earlier? ...if that works then i wouldn't change it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I can't imagine having my baby go to bed earlier than that. At one point I did ask my daycre to add a late nap for my baby so we would have more awake time at home before bed, and they were very willing to help me out. If you think adjusting your son's daytime nap schedule could aid in your home time together then don't hesitate to at least ask; it might not work for your daycare, but it definitely doesn't hurt to ask!
    Anonymous

• We had a similar schedule when my son was little, and it worked for us. He didn't go to daycare, but would take his little 5:30 nap and then not be up long between that and bedtime except to feed, change, and snuggle. When he dropped that 5:30 nap we moved his bedtime up from 7:30 to 7. Particularly if your son is sleeping through the night, don't change his schedule!

Answer by missanc at 8:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• When my son was 4 months old he did the same thing: napped at 5:30 to 6 then went to bed around 7 or 7:30. if its working for him don't change it. My son eventually got rid of the late nap and now at 8 months old still goes to bed around 730 or 8.
    DJsmom0725

Answer by DJsmom0725 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010