sunscreen

what kind of sunblock do i use for my 3 month old. she has very sentive skin. cant use baby johnson and the stuff she can use is pricy its self. i havent had time to call her doc and ask. any idea's... keep in mind she's a very pale baby hehe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep in mind that spf 15 blocks out 96% of all uv rays, 20 blocks out 98% so when they say spf 50 or 80 it really means nothing....you'd be fine with lubrederm with spf 15, comes in a purple bottle, it's very mild, and it really works as long as you put it on a full 15 minutes before sun exposer...cvs also makes the same thing, a knock off of lubrederm, but it's cheeper
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• exposure*.......oh and lubredurm is a moisturizer so it's very good for your babies skin
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• we use neutrogena pure and free baby. I don't really know that there is any difference, but it always makes me feel better to buy "baby" sunscreen for him.

Answer by missanc at 6:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to put sunblock on babies until they're 6 months old. Just keep her covered up and out of the sun as much as possible.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You're not supposed to use it before 6 months but california baby makes a sunscreen. Or you could buy clothes and hats with sunscreen in them. I believe the website I go to for them is coolibar.com
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Sunblock before 6m isnt going to harm yourbaby- however the damage from the sun might. Avoid babies hands so it doesnt end up in their mouth. Most sunblocks are made from the same ingredients, baby sunblock or not. Dont stress about it. Just look for maybe an all natural sunblock to help with the sensitive skin issue!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• They also make a new laundry detergent to use for kids clothing that puts SPF in thie clothes to help keep safe form the sun!
    pinkcicle709

• My pedi wouldn't let me use sunblock on my kids until they were 6 months old. I used it on my daughter at 4 months old once and they treated me like I was the most careless mom on the face of the planet. I hung up and cried for quite a while. I said "how am I supposed to have her out in the sun if I can't use sunblock?" and they said "easy--DON'T take her out in the sun" ....easy to say if you didn't have a 3yo son that *needed* to go outside and play!
    calebsmama713

Answer by calebsmama713 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We also use Neutrogena Pure and Free Baby. I also put a sun hat on my daughter and try to stay in the shade. I know 3 months is too young for sunblock, but if your options are sunburn vs sunblock - I would go with sunblock.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree 100% ...Sunblock over Sunburn!
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2010