son's father's birthday is friday, should i get him something from my son? if so, what?

im not sure if i should get him something from my son or not (we're not together)... i figured it would be cute to get him something little. or have my son make something and give it to him himself? any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let your son make something. That is sweet and teaches your son about giving from the heart.
    Anonymous

• I would have your son make something
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 6:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• only if your son is talking about his bday. Let your son pick something. (maybe from the dollar store or something)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• yeah i think im gonna have my son make him something, but what should he make??? he's already painted pictures for him before, so i want him to do something different!
    Anonymous

• this is what i did for my dad from my son, but it was for christmas. i found a poem that fit their relationship-- DS was ruining all the furnitures, but it explained that later down the road, his handprints will always be there, etc... and then on the piece of paper, i put DS's handprint there. i'll try to find the poem. its supposed to be for a father from child, but my dad is the closest father figure to DS.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 7:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i had my SKs make a candle holder onetime. I bought the glass globe and used paint on their fingers to decorate. You could also make a picture frame. They have those cheap plastic ones that you can then add stuff onto the sides.

my SKs are making a scrapbook for SO for father's day. their mom is helping them make it.

my only issue with mom's getting/making things from the kids to the dad is when their is a SM. Since I have been around, I always take the kids to get things for SO for his birthday, fathers day, christmas - whatever. SO takes them to get things for me. We sort of assume that since BM has remarried, her DH should be taking the kids to get her things for holidays and she should take them to get her DH things for holidays.

however, if there is no one in that role or your relationship is different than mine, i think its a great idea!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010