Wtf is the deal with guys?

It's one thing for men to be indecisive but when they "say" they're blunt and straight-forward, they're really just setting themselves up to be liars. I went on a date with a guy. It all went well but I think I may have come off as if I was not interested. So to reclaim my interest in him, and hopefully see if we could see eachother again, I asked him if he wanted to hang out. Long story short, he said he had plans and didn't mention hanging out at another time. (ok so that just tells me he isnt interested, or else maybe he would have suggested such). So I left it at that. Well then, he asks me if I'm mad at him. I said no, about what? and I told him I figured he wasn't interested so I was leaving him alone. He said it wasn't like that and nothing else. Sooooo my question is, what the hell IS it like!? He didn't say anything about hanging out or seeing each other again, BUT he asked If I'm mad, why does he even care to ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• You know, asking him to hang out was too indirect. "Hang out" implies you don't care one way or the other. You're still sending the same signal you did during the date.

You want to go out with him again? Ask him. Be SPECIFIC. It's the 21st century. You're allowed.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• That's true. I sent him a text since but he never answered. I guess he's just not interested. It reminds me of the movie "he's just not that into you"...I don't want to call or ask anything now because hes probably thinking I should just "take the hint".
    Anonymous

• You are probably right. I would move on.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• He's not mature. He doesn't have the same communication style as you. There are men out there who truly have a straightforward personality. Go find one of them.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• yeah, go find a grown up.
    Anonymous

• Men need specifics. I agree that 'hang out' meant nothing specific so he didn't know what you wanted.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2010