How long should I wait?

First off I had gallbladder surgery done back in Sept. 2008 so I know thats not the problem...LOL. But anyway I have had this annoying pain in my right upper side since Sunday. It started when I had a pain that was similar to a gallbladder attack. It lasted for about 10 minutes then went away. But now I have had this dull ache there ever since. Sometimes its a sharper pain but I cant sleep on my right side or stomach because it hurts. The bad thing is I dont have health insurance. So how long should I wait till I just decide to go in. I hate to see how much this will cost me but at the same time I am worried. I have tried taking Advil and useing a heating pad but it didnt help. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• Did you have your gallbladder completely removed? It is still possible to form gallstones after having surgery. You may want to call the doctor that did your surgery to see what he/she has to say.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 7:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I have the same pain. I've been told it's my gallbladder but unable to prove it. My dr also said it could be intestinal. I have more frequent pain after eating large meals. Taking a daily probiotic & eating smaller meals has helped a lot. Last week I went to a gynecologist. He thinks I have endometreosis which can cause a lot of GI symptoms.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2010