Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about Labor...

So i'm married to a Soldier who is currently deployed and I have no family members around. I have an 18 month old and have already had to receive a shot to stop Pre-term contractions. I noticed last month my stomache was up underneith my breasts but when i looked into the mirror today it was down lower where i had a space between my stomache and breasts. When i went into labor with my daughter it ws very fast and dialated quickly... and I wanted to know if I should have to worry about labor anytime soon if my stomache has indeed dropped?? I'm only 31 weeks and i want our little munchkin to stay cooking as long as possible. Thanks in advance for your answers, i kinda feel like i should know these things... but i guess im just driving myself nuts over-thinking it...

Answer Question

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 6:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (90 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I had progressively longer labors with each child.
    I also "dropped" sooner. Your pelvic floor muscles are weakened by the previous pregnancy, and you will tend to carry the baby lower. If your that worried, you should just keep your energy level up, eat well, and stay away from high impact exercise/activity- like climbing 12 flights of stairs, or running long distances. Exercise alone, will not make you go into labor- but if your cervix is already compromised, or you are extremely stressed, hormonal fluctuations could.

    Just take it easy, EVERY pregnancy is different.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • as far as i know, dropping doesn't indicate that labor is near :) i agree w/ pp, that you would drop sooner in a 2nd pregnancy :) gl!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Gestational Diabetes

Next question overall (Health)
How long should I wait?