No support, my mother has done more than him, yet im NOT ALLOWED TO....get this job.

i have a daughter from a previous relationship and am pregnant now. me and my husband do not live together(we have had 2 houses, and lost them both because he was wasting money on the road) so i am living with my mom. well as of now my mom has been helping me alot and she is doing EVERYTHING. so i got a job interview the other say and my husband told me that i am NOT to take the job because he doesnt want me working with men...yet he isnt supporting me and my daughter, i am due in 3 months and he hasnt bought anything. do i take the job? i want to but i would like an oppinion. thank u.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• Take the job and a divorce. This isn't a marriage. Get out now.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• If he isn't being the head of the house then his word wouldn't mean crap to me. I'd take the job but better than that I'd be getting PA and having the state get child support from his sorry behind.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• thank you for your response.
    Anonymous

• It certainly does not sound like this is the man you want in your life. He is not only draining your finances, but he also seems to be very controlling. I would find a divorce lawyer and take the job. You and your children deserve more than this man is willing to give.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• take the job
    Anonymous

• take the job. he sounds controlling. if things were different- like if he was helping you with the kids, or something, then i'd feel differently, but he's not helping and you do need an income. so take the job. if he gets mad, then oh well.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 7:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my husband was that way the first time I started roofing. He let me take the job at first...but then he told me that it was him or the job. I quit. 2 years pass and he wants me to get a job to help out....so I went back to roofing! I've learned not to talk about the guys I work with, and if I do, I say the truck driver...I think his name is corey. That way he doesn't feel like I'm getting to close to any of them. It's stupid and we shouldn't have to walk on egg shells. I would take the job, and if he has a problem with it, then I'd tell him to get his shit together and you'll quit...but not until you see a difference.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 7:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I'm surprised that you can say everything you just told us and still even consider listening to a word he has to say...... you know you can't count on him and now you're letting him tell you what to do and keep you and your child from being able to count on yourself?? You're waking up - keep it up - reality is just a blink away now..... take the job.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 7:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Take the job and file for divorce.

If you want to wear the big man pants, you have to be a big man. Big men take care of their families and respect their wives.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Take the job, you need to be able to take care of yourself- even if you were living together, who does he think he is telling you not to take the job? I'd see a lawyer about your rights no matter what!
    Anonymous