Am I depressed?

I know that sounds like a stupid question but I just don't know what else is wrong with me.
My husband is in the AF and we just moved to a new base and I feel like I have no one to talk to (even though I have met 2 women; who on most days irritate the crap out of me). I just feel like nothing makes me happy anymore. I don't even know why I get upset and things that normally wouldn't get to me really upset me or make me angry. I'm so disgusted with myself and try loosing weight and am slowly but when I can't workout it just makes me cry and cut myself down.
I complain to my husband about not getting to go out and be by myself and then when he offers to watch our 18 month old son, I have no want or desire to go out. I just really don't know what is wrong with me. I used to be so carefree and easy-going and all of the sudden I feel like I'm always on the verge of tears and a mental breakdown.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Health

• Why can't the three of you go out as a family and see what the new community offers you. You just need to adjust and find things to do and friends. What about taking a class or joining a book club or work out group?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• We do go out as a family. I just just frustrated with something. And I feel so ridiculous because I get mad over silly things or make a big deal out of things that don't even matter and it ruins our time out. It's so hard because I see myself acting like a person that I know I'm not, I just don't know how to stop it.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like depression, it can also be a vitamin deficiency.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Ya could be. See a doctor and get yourself sorted out. Nobody should live unhappy like that. You have a family that needs you and you need to get this under control before it gets worse.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 8:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010