Please Please help me

My boyfriend is a preacher. So of course he is a firm believer that sex before marriage is a sin and I perfectly agree with him. He wants to do right in God's eyesight so he wants to stop having pre-maritual sex. He says he is extremely turned on by me and its driving him crazy. I decided that maybe if we give each other more space that maybe this strong sexual feeling will past but we are having a hard time staying away from each other. Do anyone have any ideas on what we can do? I respect his wishes to not wanna have sex but even though we do a lot of other things to keep ourselves busy its not working.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• dont ever be alone with one another...i had an ex like tht. He wouldnt let me come to his house unless he had a house full of people....you guys can do this its gonna take God and some discipline!
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 8:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Get married.
    Anonymous

• I am divorced and not ready to jump into a marriage right now.
    Anonymous

• Sex is a very important part of a relationship. If you don't get to know each others desires then how will you know what you like and don't like.  sex, it is a beautiful thing.

Anonymous

• Well you both agree not to do it, and he specifically thinks it's wrong in God's eyes...if you can't hold out and you're not ready to get married, then I would seriously consider the relationship and the fact that you both can't follow what you believe...says a lot.
    Anonymous

• Pray. The Bible says that God allows NO temptation that man cannot escape. . its NOT easy but focus on God & it will be easier
    & btw i think its awesome. I'm sure most here will bash & say oh just do it but STAY STRONG in your beliefs there is NOTHING wrong with waiting
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• anon 439
    yes sex important but SOME believe sex is for marriage. .. nothing wrong with that. Not all of us think the same
    Anonymous

• Try to release your sexual desire in other ways.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Maybe you could just do everything except! You know...this belief of no sex before marriage originated because they had no other way to track blood lines. This was before DNA tests and birth control. I'm not one who follows the bible word-for-word, but can someone please lend me a verse that specifically says no sex before marriage? If you look through history, you will see that the institute of marriage was made for tracking bloodlines. Just a little fyi.
    Anonymous

• 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 & 1 Corinthians 7:1-2

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
    Anonymous