did any of you.....

i asked this question yesterday but not much response so i am asking again..i kicked out, asked for and paid for my divorce from my husband a year ago. i am now regretting it. he and i went out this past weekend and had a good time. like nothing had ever happened. my question is this.. have any of you ever divorced your husband cuz you wanted out but he didnt and now have second thoughts and wish you had him back again. and if you had the second chance how did it work out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• My cousin and her DH divorced, saw other people, and eventually got back together and remarried. They've been VERY happy since.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My husband's Uncle and Aunt got divorced quite a long time ago. And then they learned though they couldn't be married, they didn't want to be apart. So they got back together, voluntarily and have been together ever since. Just not married. So it does happen.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• why did you kick in out? was he abusive?
    Anonymous

• I've separated from my DH twice and have told him I want a divorce MANY times. We always seem to end up getting back together after he begs me for a second chance...plus he's funny, charming, sweet, and all that jazz. I know how you feel. My DH is always wooing his way back into my heart. I guess we'll always be together. I never have divorced him, but I can see how this happens.
    Anonymous

• why did you kick in out? was he abusive? no he was not abusive, not mean, not commanding, just a lot of problems with his kids and his exwife. no end to those problems. hoping they will be handled better this time around.
    Anonymous

• Remeber why you divorced him in the first place? That reason pbobably has not gone away.

Answer by louise2 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree that you should remember why you divorced the first time. You could start all over again and see where it goes but I wouldn't marry him again until I was sure

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My husband and I were separated for years. But it is funny because we lived right down the street from each other during that time. It was great for our daughter. She could walk to dad's anytime she wanted. During that time we went back and forth about divorcing or trying to work it out. He never waivered on his love for me. After a few years of being really good friends, we finally got back together. Decided to have a baby and had twin girls. We are still the same people that we were before but it is so different because we treat each other better. I think for us it was a maturity thing. I am glad we didn't divorce. I can't say for you if it will work but I think the important part is realizing what you each did wrong and fixing that.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I'm sure that won't happen to me with my divorce, but my sister-in-law and her husband divorced and then remarried a few years later.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Nope, I divorced them because I no longer was in love with them (and many many other issues). I remember I left them for a reason, no matter how much of a good time one night might be, there were many other bad nights so no, I have never done it. Do I know anyone who has? Sure, my cousin and her husband. They were married for years and years, had two kids, got divorced, each of them married someone else, neither of those lasted, and they ended up getting back together and still live together to this day.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2010