Bloody show or just plug? Can I hope for labor soon?

I'm 36 weeks today. On Sat I started having some pink/barely reddish discharge. It's gradually gotten more brownish but still pretty regular. At appt doc said it was nothing to worry about, probably my plug, didn't do a cervix check cuz she thought it looked like I had an infection (but I don't). I'm really hoping to have DD early but know it won't happen til she's ready but just wanted opinions. Would you think labor could start (in at least a week if not sooner)? Oh, and I never felt contractions til after water broke with DD#1 (I was 6 cm by then) and have been having belly tightening pretty darn regularly but not to where I can time (since they're painless it's hard) and have been getting random, sort of lightning like pains in my cervix it feels like. It always makes me stop a second when that happens. And I've felt nauseous pretty constantly. And of course at 36w I'm just overall uncomfortable and ready to be DONE!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me at 36 weeks. I didn't have him until 42 weeks, 3 days.
    Anonymous

• Im 37 weeks 4 days and I have been having contractions that werent painful at all but just what you explained how they tighten up in your tummy for a little bit and of course I have the sharp pains sometimes down there and my pelvice has been sore for a little over a month now like it feels bruised. But I thought I was in labor yesterday since I was having those tightning pains and went into labor and delivery and after monitoring me for an hr I was in fact having contractions but they were regular so they send me home. They were any where between 7-15 min apart and today there even further but Im stil having them which is good. My babys head was also coming down everytime I would feel my tummy tighten up cause she checked me during one so thats probably whats happening to you. You can actually feel my daughters head without a contraction though and Im dialated between a 2-3 and 60%effaced which with the contractions will get
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Cont... further along so keep track of those contractions! After having two exams yesterday my mucus plug finally came out however it never came out with my first child so it was kind of weired but Im hoping that labor is right around the corner for me but if not then doctor will be inducing me at 39 weeks so thats only a week and a half away :) I would love to go into labor on my own so I know how everything feels but like you I have been very uncomfortable but for a while now. I walk around looking like a penguine lol. GL and hope both of our babys come very soon!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2010