My 13 month old just wants to sleep!!

He slept til noon. Then by 1 he was super tired. I don't want to let him sleep all day so I keep waking him up but he acts SOOOO tired so I lay him back down. He has probably only been awake for a total of 2 hours today. He hasn't been sick or anything so I am confused and worried. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• call the ped
    Anonymous

• Yeah, this doesn't sound right to me. You need to take him to the doctor.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• growth spurt! if he's not acting sick, no signs, then it's more than likely a growth spurt. my son went through 3 of them, all he did was sleep, all night, all day, only waking up to eat, then would be up for like 20- 30 min then be back to sleep until the next meal. enjoy the quietness while you can :)
    Anonymous

• i would say growth spurt but i don;t have that much experience in it. but i remember my little girl sleeping alot when she went through them. she is going to be 13months so i wonder if its going to happen. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It could be a growth spurt. But my son also went through a phase like this. After he turned 1 he slept 20-22 hours a day, NO JOKE! He has seen a neurologist and had all sorts of tests done and seen sleep specialists but they never found anything. Then one day he just like woke up and started taking less naps. We would try to keep him up but he would fall asleep on our tile floor in our living room or on the floor of his bedroom or anywhere he could! He now is 22 months and is sleeping about 17-18 hours a day again. No idea why, he just does. He is developing and growing though so as long as your LO continues to grow and develop I wouldn't really worry.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 9:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010