whats the correct way to store your alcohol if cps was called on you?

now i know some clicked into this question to do some serious bashing but please just move on to another question. im really not gonna sit here and read your paragraphs about whats right and whats wrong, i am a beer drinker on weekends and so is hubby...so therefore we have some alcohol in the house.

i was thinking a mini fridge downstairs or in another room out of site sort of thing but i know one gal had said that having beer in the fridge is a big no no.

thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• unless cps was called on you for drinking i wouldn't worry about it, or just put it out in the garage or wherever you think would be ok, the cabinet over the fridge or something up high. if, however, you were called on bc of the drinking maybe just reflect on how you got in that situation without placing blame on anyone.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• give it to someone to hold onto I guess
    Anonymous

• Honestly, just get rid of it...to be on the safe side. You can do without it until the investigation is over, right?
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt try to hide it...it not like its illegal. Just as long as you are sober when they come to visit i would think they wouldnt care and as long as you don't have open containers sitting around or bottles laying in the floor
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• down the drain
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure I understand your question. Why would cps get called? Who said you can't have beer in the fridge? I don't understand why you need to hide it?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My ex reported me to CPS (it was all unfounded of course and the case was quickly closed), but they didn't look in my fridge or cabinets or anything. The first time he called (yes, he's called twice!), they never even came into my house. I wasn't there when they stopped in for a visit and when they called I offered to drive down and meet them at their office.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It is absolutely legal to drink. Your children can not be taken for alcohol being in the fridge. You may be asked how frequently you drink, and how much, and who else in the house drinks, etc... I wouldn't go out of my way to hide it- It will make you look as though you have something to hide.

Social workers are people just like you, and you know, I have known several of them in their personal lives- and they drank like fishes. and all but one had kids (out of 5).... So, don't think of them as gods, they are just people, like you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• did alcohol have anything to do with the call?? If yes, I'd get rid of it.... If not and you are responsible drinkers, than just keep it in the fridge or pantry. Getting a mini fridge would make it seem like alcohol is so important that you need a special place to kepp it. If you have teens- I might lock it up somehwere.
    Anonymous

• I don't see why you can have beer? You are an adult and having a case around for guest for with dinner shouldn't be held against you. Rich people have full bars with 18 bottle of alcohol set up in their basements, but I guess cps doesn't get called on them.

To be on the safe side store it in a garage, give it to a friend. If you have it hidden somewhere it might be a red flag.

Or just drink it all. So stupid you have to worry about that. Unless you got called on because of being drunk and disorderly, then i say get rid of it and stop, but if you are a normal person . . . it's stupid!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2010