My aunt was visiting with me at my house the other day and I found out she had her 17 year old chop up an

Oxycodene pill in my bathroom so she could go in there and snort it.
What should I do?
I knew that she had been taking pain pills from time to time but I didn't know she had resorted to oxycodene and snorting them AND having her teen involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• I think your instincts are telling you what to do, but you just need some reinforcement that you're headed in the right direction. Like you,your aunt is a grown woman that knows right from wrong. The well-being of your teenage cousin is more important than what your aunt's actions are doing to her. I suggest talking to her first. Tell her she needs to get in rehab. Her teen needs to be in counseling. If she protests that proposal, get the law involved. Don't threaten, just do it. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• thats horrible, so sorry to hear. First off, I wouldnt et her back into my house. Second, the child is under-age so I would call someone about that and get the teenager a better role model
    shash1

Answer by shash1 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i would call dcf on that one she is a child and i would not put up with that in my house at all
    Anonymous

• was it your pill or her's? if your's then hide the pills. if her's don't let her back in the house.
    Anonymous

• Holy crap. I would tell her that you are angry she did that in your house since it's illegal. I don't know if I'd report her to CPS but you could consider it since you know the relationship you all have and I don't. I would never let her in my house again.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010