What would be appropiate interview attire for a corrections officer?

I've never had a professional interview before, and I was wondering what I should wear? Is a pant suit too much? are those a thing of the past? What kind of top should I wear with my slacks? any help please.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

• Black slacks and a button up shirt are always classic and professional.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• When my husband went to interview for his CO job he worse some nice blue jeans and a collared polo shirt.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 9:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You should always dress one level above the job you are interviewing for. So, if as a CO, you'd be wearing a simple uniform with a button down shirt, definitely wear at least nice slacks, shoes and a long sleeved shirt. Simple, tasteful jewelry, as well- nothing too big or colorful
    Anonymous

• g-string and pasties

Anonymous

• dont wear all black-it gives the interviewer the impression you are the boss. Best colors are blues and browns.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The best thing to wear is to wear what you would wear on a daily basis if you were in your ultimate job (i.e. if you eventually want to run the prison), so a suit would definitely be appropriate. Nothing too flashy (no hot pink suits), generally blues, greys and browns. Heels if you like but nothing too high, makeup if you usually wear it, and minimal jewelry
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• When I interviewed for my CO job, I wore black slacks and a white button up shirt. I put my hair up with little makeup. A pantsuit would be fine.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 11:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• A suit is always appropriate for a first interview. Be sure to send a thank you note to each person you meet.

Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Definitely the pant suit, navy blue with some white accents so it doesn't look too stuffy. Or if you go for black, bring in a touch of red.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2010