How do you feel about the Healthcare Bill being passed?

without being completely nasty and making rude comments back and forth, I'm just surious how other Momma's feel....

shash1

Asked by shash1 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Not really worried about it... It won't be in full affect until 2014 and things can change in 4 yrs, with us and what they plan to do... We also don't have a lot of control over it so I don't see a point in worrying about it. We're self employed, pay for our own health ins, checked with our ins man and he said not to worry too....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Not happy. And I hope and pray that come November, when fiscal conservatives retake control of Congress, that bill upon bill will be passed that cuts off the funding for this massive tax bill which has been marketed, err....disguised as a "health care for all" initiative!

If not....this country will be DOA!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't like any part of it. I hope the GOP makes a comeback in Nov and takes back the House and Senate, so they can repeal and replace this POS. Otherwise, the Senate will just have to not fund it until it dies a slow death. And I am sure that that is what will happen. Oh, yeah, I forgot, we still have the SCOTUS to try, as well as a possible Constitutional Convention. How exciting to be part of amending the Constitution! (maybe!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't like it...I think most people wanted some sort of reform, but I think this bill is a giant with huge reforms that will hurt more than help.
    Anonymous

• we are disgusted by it. i have a 14yo with a chronic illness who worries constantly because she understands our family will likely lose our very good insurance because of this bill. my husband has worked hard and always prioritized holding a job that provides excellent insurance. his company announced that they will quit providing the high quality insurance because of the HealthCare bill. at this time, we pay low copays for the hundreds of dollars of prescriptions she uses each month. she relies upon an expensive, amazing piece of medical equipment to remain alive and well - the company that manufactures it announced layoffs due to the passing of the bill. additionally, she has participated in medical research to benefit those diagnosed in the future and hopes, eventually, for a cure. improvements and innovation in this field of care likely will cease.

try telling her this is a "step in the right direction".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• While I believe we need some sort of fixing with healthcare, I don't believe this is the way to go. I don't trust this bill and feel that it does not address the actual issues at hand. The high cost of the healthcare itself, along with the way these private insurance companies "rape" everyone in premiums. From what I read about this bill, my husband is sunk concerning treatment for his cancer. While our premium is high, I know that right now, he is getting the utmost best care there is for his condition. I'm afraid that's all going to change with this bill.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 6:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I feel betrayed and angry. Our representatives did not do their jobs. They did not represent the will of the people. Many of them did not even read the entire bill before they cast their yes votes for it. And that is utterly wrong.

I have a chronic non-terminal condition that causes me continual pain. Yesterday I saw one of my doctors. I asked him for a particular course of treatment. He said, sure, not a problem, that would do you good. And he wrote the order right there. I'm afraid that won't be the case in the very near future. He won't be able to say yes; someone who doesn't know me and who isn't even a doctor would have that power. And I would probably be denied anything beyond the most basic care because my condition is not curable. This Heathcare bill/law frightens me. I've read a lot of it, and it really frightens me. I worry for our country because of it.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I think it's a good thing and people need to stop whining and complaining . . .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with anon above me!

Answer by older at 8:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2010