Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get full custody of my unborn child and do not have to have the baby's father in it's life?

My reason for this question would be my ex - boyfriend which is my baby's father said he would take it back to Ohio but i dont want that,so, canyou please answer my question by giving me some advice???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • well, Im pretty sure that would be considered kidnapping if he did that. The only ways to get full custody, I beieive, is to prove him an unfit parent or have him wave his rights as the father.

    Answer by shash1 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • He can't take your baby out of state without your permission, so you can inform him it would be kidnapping first off... You should get an attorney, file for an exparte because of threats against you and your unborn baby, and also file for SOLE PHYSICAL CUSTODY. On the exparte order make sure it covers enough time for you to have the baby, and that you go to the hearing to establish the order, and when it comes time to renew it that you go again.... If the judge doesn't see you there, he won't take you serious and will dismiss the order. GL, hope it all works out for you. Also if you have a womens advocacy group, get in touch with them and they should be able to help you. You can find them by checking with your local family services...

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • Are you sure he's the father? *wink wink*
    Don't list him on the birth certificate.
    Will he push for a paternity test?
    MrsLeftlane sounds to have some good information for you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • That's scary! I hope you get custody!

    Answer by Adelicious at 10:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • The first thing to do - do not list him as the father on the birth certificate! Do not tell him you didn't. Just don't do it. Then if he decides he wants to be in the baby's life, make him get a paternity test before allowing contact. If he never goes forward with the testing, then you don't have to worry about custody. Baby will be all yours!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

  • First stop calling your baby it. He csn get visitation but won't be able to leave the state

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.