Is this just as sick or what? I think what is more sick is how very little concern for this and attention in disproportion size

Posted: Tuesday, 23 March 2010 10:49PM

Rabbi Accused of Raping 7-Year-Old New York Girl a Decade Ago Arrested

PHOENIX (AP/1010 WINS) -- A rabbi accused of raping a 7-year-old girl in New York a decade ago was arrested Tuesday outside his Arizona synagogue.

Authorities say 45-year-old Bryan Bramly was taken into custody in the parking lot of the Temple Beth Sholom Synagogue in Chandler by the members of the U.S. Marshals Child Predator Apprehension Team and detectives with the New York Police Department's Manhattan Child Abuse Unit.

They say Bramly is accused of raping the girl in March 2000 when she was spending the night at his family's residence in New York City where he was completing his studies to become a rabbi.

The girl, now 17, reported the rape to the authorities in August 2009, but her reason for not coming forward sooner was unclear Tuesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yea, it is sick. Glad most ppl understand this
    Anonymous

• Authorities say Bramly was being held in a downtown Phoenix jail awaiting extradition to New York. It was not immediately known if he had a lawyer. link

Anonymous

• You really want to go toe to toe with every religion who has cases of molestation op?
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Yes it's sick. Violence on a child is always sick.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• All of it is sick
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• A lot of media outlets have stopped giving these kinds of incidents the attention they used to get. Children being abused isn't something ANYONE wants to read about, and keeping the children out of the spotlight so their rights aren't violated is also very important. The more coverage there is the more chance of their exposure.

I'm not saying they are covering it up..more like being responsible and accountable to the victim(s) and their families.
    There are also a lot of media bans on cases such as these now, which means there isn't much released to be reported. Just the basic stuff. And it should stay that way. The main thing is that the courts know and are handling it. The whole system needs work but it's a good start.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't have any problem with the media staying out of it. As long as it is handled within our laws then that's great. I am all for protecting children and their families. I am not for families who are pressured to keep it quiet within the church and the Vatican. If it happened here then justice should be served within our Judaical system.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't have any problem with the media staying out of it. As long as it is handled within our laws then that's great. I am all for protecting children and their families. I am not for families who are pressured to keep it quiet within the church and the Vatican. If it happened here then justice should be served within our Judaical system
    ----------------------------------
    I agree :) The laws need a massive overhaul and this BS with the Church sheltering their disgusting perverts is maddening. We are making progress with both I think but it's going to be a slow ongoing process that sucks for the victims.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:42 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Pedophiles look or gravitate to positions of authority and respect to hide and prey on children, Portland OR and the Boy scouts are another one that's going on right now.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010