Why would a 6 year old x out all the eyes on his drawings?

If he draws a face he will draw the eyes and then x them out. Why would he do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• why don't you just ask him instead of asking us...we can't tell you what he's thinking
    Anonymous

• Maybe he saw it on tv, or another child in school was doing it...I'm not sure. Why don't you ask him. He might be honest with you. Be careful how you handle it..
    Anonymous

• Doesnt anime look like that, maybe hes trying to make it look like anime.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Maybe he is making them dead. I remember seeing that on cartoon when I was a kid and then I put in on my drawings for a while. I don;t think it is a big deal. I would ask him why he is doing it though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Maybe that's how he draws eyes? Have you bothered to ask him to tell you about his pictures to you when he does that? If not, ask that way "Tell me about this picture...who is in it/what are they doing/where are they" kind of stuff. I'm sure it's just a kid quirk....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Or maybe he doesn't want anyone to see something. Is everything else totally normal at home and school?
    Anonymous

• We use that in hangman. It means the dude is dead.
    Anonymous

• I have seen that on many modern cartoonish drawings, even the teddy bears and such will have x's on their eyes. I don't get it, but I have seen a lot of it.
    Anonymous