Curious about pregnancy test results

When you take a pregnancy test, even if its negative, do you see the positive line faintly? i took one and I see the line extremely lightly. lightly enough that if I took a picture it wouldnt show up. Is that normal for a negative test? Or are you nto suppose to see the line at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you even faintly see the line...you're probably pregnant. Wait a few days, a week or so, and try again. Congrats if you are!
    Anonymous

• I just wish I could get the complete, dark, real result now.. If I am Im just a little over a week pregnant.. I just have a lot of thinsg I gotta figure out if i am...and a guy I gotta tell.. I dont want to deal with the waiting game :(
    Anonymous

• you are probably seeing what they call a "water" or "shadow" line. if you have to look at it more than a couple of times to see this line then it's not positive. if it's past the 10 min mark you can start to see it better but some tests have it pretty appearent at the beginning too
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• It was more noticable at the beginning then past the 10 minute mark. I cant tell if it is just teh shadow because the entire window is tinted blue ( the test color) So I cant tell if the blue on teh line is just naturally what color the shadow line is.. or the actual line.
    Anonymous

• my guess is that it is positive. With most of my pregnancies we got such a faint line that it would hardly show up when I took the picture. You may want to wait like 5 days to retest or ask your OB. I think that your HCG level should double every 2 or 3 or so days in the beginning of pregnancy, so if it was positive I think 5 days should do it right?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Yea I'm definitely going to retest in a few days. Like I said If I am, I'm only like a week and 4 days or something. I've just been sudden pretty uncomfortable the past.. 2 days? Twice I've been halfway through eating something then all the sudden got a horrible wave of "OMG im gunna puke!" and end up having to spit the bite out and I'm done eating. Then today I literally felt like I was walking through sand all day with a horrible headache and an upset tummy. When I ended up taking 2 naps today just to be able to feel liek I wasnt going to fall into a puddle on teh floor, I started thinking. So now I'm stressed out about it. I wish I hadnt connected any dots for another couple of weeks.
    Anonymous

• I had that with each pregnancy. I have a longer cycle ( 5 wks not 4) so my tests were always only faint. When you say just over a week pregnant then it would be extremely faint- even the early tests are for 7 days at the absolute earliest, more like 10 days but... get another test, wait til the first pee of the day -that's when the hormones are concentrated and you will get a better reading. Goodluck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Test again with the one that shows words. I can't for the life of me think of the brand. It's more expensive, but there's no mistaking when it says pregnant or not pregnant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• That happened to me! Bought a digital and it said PREGNANT!! :) good luck
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my test results aways had absolutely NO LINE for a negitive result and with my current pregnancy the lines were extremely faint at first. My OB said that if there is a line at all then that means that there in hormone in your system and you're preggo! Congrats!
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 11:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2010