Medicine for my 2YO

We have tried EVERYTHING to get her liquid medicine in her... putting it in applesauce or pudding, she won't eat it... putting it in her sippy cuo ir mixing it with a drink, she won't drink it... just holding her down was working for a while, but now she just sits with it in her mouth til it just runs out. Blowing in her face won't make her swallow either. They are VERY important meds (some for seizures) so I can't just not give them. It's a 2-hour battle every night (doing it as I type, actually) and it reduces me to tears nearly every time.

Mamapanda

Asked by Mamapanda at 10:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try putting it in her mouth, pinching her nose and then blow in her face. That worked with my niece. My son liked to give it to himself, you could try that. GL
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Have you tried a syringe? My DD gets medicine everyday as well, and we just shoot it down her throat quicklywith a syringe. Maybe offer a sticker on a sticker chart every time she takes it?? My DD has been taking meds since 1 week of age, so she's alwasy been used to it.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• The problem is, that she's now a special needs child. She doesn't really act like a 2 year old right now. We just got out of the hospital after being there for over a month with her.
    Mamapanda

Answer by Mamapanda at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• maybe there is an injectable version of her meds holding her down for a few seconds would be a lot easier than struggling for hours at a time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010