How often do your bath your dogs?

Mine are big and hard to bath. But they need one! lol

MLM0503

Asked by MLM0503 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pets

• I take our 2 German Shepherds to the groomer about every 2 months, they are 100 lbs each and I can't lift them. I do bathe our Husky, she's about 53 lbs and loves a bath. I bathe her about once every 2 months. Her skin drys out pretty easy so I have to be careful.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• .... i dont even remember the last time, all i can remember is that she knocked me over when she jumped on me got me all wet and made me bump my head on the garage door
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• When they get covered in mud or stink-- between 1-4 times per month. They are 100lbs and 80lbs and it's a lot of work. But I like to have them come in and out as they please. I can't have stinky gross dogs in the house.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I try to give him a bath every 4-6 weeks. I used to work at a grooming salon, so I take him there and they call me when it's been 6 weeks. Or I bathe him whenever he gets really stinky and I don't want him in my bed anymore. LOL.
    He's a lab/shephard mix, so he's got a lot of hair and he's too strong for me and doesn't listen to me when I bathe him myself. But he has a few people at the grooming salon that he LOVES and lets them do whatever they need to.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• 2 of my dogs i bath myself about once a month, and then they go to petsmart once every 4-5 months to get shaved...(maltipoo x shihtzu...15lbs each)
    and my other one is a 90lb golden retriever who does not fit in my bathtub...so i do him in the beginning of summer and end of summer outside with the hose...then he goes to petsmart in october to get trimmed, because we have huge trees and the lil branches/sticks/twig things get stuck in his fur (its always really windy that time of year, so theyre allllll over the backyard) then he goes again at christmas, so hes all pretty and smelling nice for the company...and then he goes again in april or may..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I bathe mine atleast every two weeks, but not more than once/week. They are inside dogs, but they play hard when they go outside and get very dirty/smelly. I have two Shelties (one is 25lb; one is 35lbs) and a Belgian Malinois puppy (13lbs, but will get 50-60 when grown).
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• whenever they need it. use a doggy shampoo with conditioner to help prevent dry skin. i dont like smelly dogs in the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2010