How does anyone even have TIME for Tv?

I'm a stay at home mom. But between taking the boys to and from the park, or gym, or kickball, or basketball, cooking dinner, cleaning, spending family time, nap times, running other random errors and bath time i just don't see how the average American family fits in so many hours of Tv a week. Many times we can't even get the time for 30 minutes a day. Even on Friday's (our TV night) we rarely watch more then 2 hours (usually a movie). and sometimes we have to skip it all together.
I'm not trying to bash anyone for anything. Sometimes i wish i had more time for TV. ...but i just don't see how it's done!

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 10:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hire a sitter and watch tv all day guarentee you will get bored hahaha you're a busy woman maybe tv doesnt intrest you.
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i stay up late and watch my favorite tv shows...TIVO is my friend. And I use nap time to my advantage too. But my kids are 2 and 3 so we dont have all the sports and stuff to do so i have a little more free time it seems than you do.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• My daughter is in bed by 7 so I have all night after that. Plus I only have one kid so I guess I'm not half as busy as you.
    Anonymous

• well, we are home quite a bit. I try not to get too busy because it stresses me out too much and I want the kids to have some down time to just play. But i find that they may have time for TV,but I don't. I really try my best to limit TV, expect when I'm sick all rules are out the window lol. But honestly if it was only up to me we wou;dn't even own a TV. I do have ot admit though I like to watch movies, and there are maybe a select few shows I like to watch, but I wold never watch them if we did could not record them!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• my kids go to bed at 8... i pick up or do whatever until like 9...and then i get on the net and watch the shows i recorded during the day..then usually get to bed around 11:30 or 12
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I wish. I just got a DVR and now I can tape my favorite shows and watch them when ever I get a chance (usually at 2 or 3 in the morning lol) and not even every day. I actually do not miss t.v. that much.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I don't watch tv during the day unless I"m sitting down to fold laundry and maybe watching HGTV or Food Network, or when I stop to eat lunch. When the kids get home, I make sure they have their homework done, then 2 nights a week we typically have a sports practice for the boys that runs from about 5-645. Then after that its time to cook dinner, get the kids ready for bed at 830, and then clean up from dinner. After the kids are asleep (915-930) DH and I will sit down to watch a couple hours of shows we have on the DVR. I love my tv time at night, it really helps me unwind from a busy day.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• DVR is a dream come true. I tape my shows and watch them without commercials. Also some shows I just fast forward through all the uselss talking like when the judges talk on so you think you can dance or dancing with the stars. And project runway I can watch in 10 minutes! LOL A real time saver.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• i tape all my shows, and watch them either late at night, or sometimes, if i have time i try and catch up on them while my daughters in school..oooor i watch the shows on saturdays when shes spendin time with her dad (of course this is all if im not working..lol) but as of right now...i have 8 vcr tapes filled with shows that i still need to watch..and each tape is 5-6 hrs long..uuuuuuugh...lol...its like a never ending thing..but whatever, its only something to do when i really have nothing better to do, its not like im one of those ppl that makes my daughter go play in the other room while i watch my shows..sooo, i figure im not toooo bad..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I am not really a big TV watcher. Most of the shows I watch our DVR'ed and then I watch them at night after everyone goes to bed. Our children are older (we have 2 in their 20's and 2 who graduate hhigh school next month) so most nights we do have after 8 or 9p to sit and watch TV. That's time for hubby and I to curl up on the couch and cudddle. On weekends, if we are home (usually bad weather days), we catch up on DVR'ed shows. We currently have 30-something things recorded, we haven't had a lot of free time lately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2010