soft easy foods for my 21 month old?

My son has gingevitis and I need ideas on soft easy food to make him. His gums really hurt him and all he has been wanting is yogurt and apple sauce. He tried to eat other things, but cries because it hurts, even bananas hurt his mouth :(

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How did it he get that so young?
    Anonymous

• You could try mixing something with the nutrition he needs in a blender with his favorite fruit, make a smoothie out of it. My kid's absolutely LOVE Fresh Beat Band on Nick Jr. But my son refuses to eat most vegetables, so I make a smoothie, tell him it's a "Groovy Smoothie" from the show and he downs it every time.
    Mamapanda

Answer by Mamapanda at 10:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• well from what I know its a bacteria infection. We brush his teeth, but maybe we missed somewhere along the way :( but from what i heard its really not that uncommon, and many time it can go unnoticed.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I agree with a blender, also try mashed potatoes and just smash every thing he gets really good. Can't the dr. give you some foods to try?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I saw the dentist and he gave tips on brushing etc. I called his ped. and they just said to follow what the dentist said. I never talked to the pediatrician though, just the staff.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• you can give him popsicles for a treat, try mashing some fresh avocadoes, what about some scrambled eggs with a little salsa? try making him a smoothie with bananes, yogurt or milk, and berries. sugar free pudding! um- oh! i got it! theres a brand called Far East that makes a delicious parmesan garlic couscous which is tiny tiny pasta that only takes 5 minutes to cook. you could also try some orzo pasta cooked in chicken broth. or i used to make baby rice for my son- cook rice then puree it with a little milk. you could also try rice pudding. hope he feels better
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 11:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• spaghettio's, ice cream, maybe scrambled eggs. chicken noodle soup. put some vegetable soup in the blender or food processor (that is the only way I would eat veggie soup when I was growing up..) potato soup
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• I'm 20 & mac n cheese is still one of my favorites! Damn those calories though...haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2010