My kitty, kitty

I have a cat who is probably 6mons, and I have been letting him out lately just to socialize (the are other cats around) and to get him out of the house. Well there is also a bobcat around. He does not come around often but he has attacked my cat twice now. This time he hurt him bad, he is limping and has a hurt arm. My husband says he will shoot him the next time he see the bobcat, I am not sure I want that, also do not want to keep my cat in all the time. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Pets

• Are you for real? I hope this isn't a troll! Keep the damn cat inside! Or get a um.. leash and walk the cat.
    Anonymous

• Can you call Animal Control and see what they recommend you do with the Bobcat. Maybe they can rent to you a trap and you can trap him and they can place him in a safe new home.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• call animal control - or bring him to the humane society to get fixed and possibly adopted.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• Bobcats are protected in some states, so it is a good idea to find out what the ramifications would be for killing one. I personally would keep your cat in the house until you contact animal control. It is a danger to domestic animals and should be humanely relocated.
    I am not an animal lover by any means, but to kill a wild animal for acting like a wild animal is cruel and should not be done.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• You really can't shoot the bobcat but I can understand your desire. Call the Humane Society or animal control who will deal with it. keep kitty in until the bobcat is gone...
    Anonymous

• And b a responsible pet owner and take your cat to the vet. has he had his immunizations=rabies, hep. plus several more?? if u dont or cant take care of a pet as he deserves to b find him a new home with ppl who will do what they should and immediately.. i am outraged u would treat a pet in this manner. get him the help he surely needs and deserves-NOW!!!
    Anonymous

• op here....what the heck lady!!! Treat my cat in what manner? What outrages you? You folks on here speculate too much!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Your cat shouldn't be running all over! You can't care about your pet too much if you let it go outside after it's been injured.
    Anonymous

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/400604/How_do_you_feel_about_cats_roaming_the_neighborhood
    Anonymous

Anonymous