my baby's belly button hasn't healed yet.....

and she is almost 5 months old. the dr doesn't seem to think much of it so i kinda didn't think much of it but now it's starting to make me wonder why it's taking so long. has anyone experienced this with their baby? if so what did you do? it's not swollen, just gets crusties in it and it's red inside. no fever ever!

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the the same thing with my son. I tried everything you can imagine. It would heal and after few days appear again. When I finally got tired of everybody telling me that is o.k. I took him to see a specialist and he told me not do anything. He told me that more we touch it and poking it the longer it will take to heal. I really hated his answer but took his advise and did nothing and it DID go away by itself. So don't do anything it WILL go away.
    MomOfMax359

Answer by MomOfMax359 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2010

• One of my kids had that and his doc said to scrub it with a wet soapy washcloth wrapped around your finger. I was worried about being to rough with it, but he showed us what to do and it looked like it would be painful, but it didn't seem to be. He also said we could use a qtip with rubbing alcohol on it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2010