For or against abortion?

What are the reasons? Are there any special situations to be considered? How about teen pregnancies?

I cannot side with either, I think it is a right, but I also think a fetus is a person too...Your thoughts please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• pro life 100% and darrn proud of it
    theres no special situations,you have sex you get pregnant you have a baby
    if its not a baby then you are not pregnant
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I think if a woman is raped becomes pregnant, and wants an abortion, who are we to tell her she can't?

That's the only case where I am really pro choice.

Outside of that, I'm not really.

I couldn't ever do it myself, I don't know why it just doesn't sit well with me. I haven't quite formulated an opinion on others choices in this dept.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• im for abortion. early abortion. my opinion is in the first 8 weeks or so, its not a baby yet. i think that the sperm meets the egg and it starts to form a body for a soul & a baby to go, but the soul or baby is not there yet. its only tissue the size of a grain of sand. thats just not a life yet to me. late term abortion, only for serious medical conditions - which is the law.
    either way, its the womens choice. my body, my choice.
    i would rather have an abortion then give my child up for adoption. MY OPINION =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• oops i forgot rape... for that one i think adoption is the best option.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'm not for abortion, but I'm for a woman's right to choose. I don't care what her reason is. I don't believe that it should be used as birth control, though. Some women have had 5 or 6 abortions and that's just ridiculous. Everyone makes mistakes and has to make hard choices but to continuously make the same mistake bugs me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• OP here- keep it coming ladies, this is for a research paper. I just want some opinions for both sides so I know what topics to cover. Thanks, really!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Against because I believe life begins at conception. No reason. Ever.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:52 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• This is a hard one.... My first answer is I am against abortion. However, I've had a very blessed life in which abortion would never have been a consideration for me. Even if it had, I don't believe I could ever do it. When i got pregnant, I was way too amazed by the life growing inside me from the moment I found out at 5 weeks. If I had taken it for any reason, I would have carried that heavily on my heart my whole life. Can I tell another woman not to do it? Hmmm....

What I am against is abortion as a client-seeking industry. I think for ANY woman is should be a last last last resort. I am for women knowing ALL their options and having all the support they need to complete a pregnancy. I am against under-age girls getting an abortion without their parents permission.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice. I would absolutely love it if no woman were ever in a situation where abortion was needed (in her opinion), but the reality is that for some it is needed as an option and needs to be legal and safe. Abortions have been happening as long as people have been having sex and will continue to happen. I'm not going to force my morality on a woman who is in a situation I've never been in. It's very easy to say "I'd never have an abortion", but until we've walked that mile in their shoes can we truly know that?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I am 100% pro-life. I believe it is dangerous and has a very negative impact on women. About the "just tissue" argument? Planned Parenthood would love you to believe that. Medical research, however, shows that the unborn's heart begins beating at just 18 days, and they are able to measure brain waves at 6 weeks. Exactly what makes that baby "just tissue?"
    That said, I am also very much against using this or any other controversial subject as a way to spread hate. We must help the women hurting from abortion, not judge them.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010