Child Support and carnival workers

my ex recently skipped town to join a carnival. Really a carnival! Anyhow, my last letter to him, for medical bills was returned to me, addressee unknown. So, I texted him and he said that was the correct address. I texted back saying, Umm, No got the letter back.
Now, someone told me that carnival workers get paid in cash? I did get an address to the company, I think, he's working for. His brother also works for the carnival and had posted like a help wanted on his facebook, so I got the info. (I've sense been deleted - LOL.. )
Another question, I've turned this info into the attorney general of Texas, I'm just wondering how long does it take for them to get around to my e-mail and/ or case? He's already $26,000 behind in child support.
What a mess... In May it will be a year that he hasn't seen the kids.
Thanks,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish I could help you more. But the Texas Attorney General does not seem to do much. My x can not be found and because he has not paid a dime in child support in almost 5 years, the still won't issue a warrant or anything because he "deserves to be able to defend himself" which I think is a crock. I gave them an address in January of where I believe he resides with his mother and they still have yet to 'verify' this address. I am moving to NY and hoping they will be more aggressive.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It took my mom 2 years to go through the whole process of getting the child support mandated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2010