my doctor thinks i might be going in to labor...

I called my ob and he thinks i might be going in labor and should go get check out as i am only 31 weeks right now, waiting on husband to get home from work, its about a 40 min drive, I am super freaking out right now as all my other kids have been born at 36 weeks.. anyone had a delivery this early??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your hubby is a 40 min drive away? Where is the hospital? You should go now and he can meet you there. There are things they can do to stop the labour and the earlier you get there the better. I'm serious, don't wait for more answers here, get your butt in the car and go - leave the kids with the neighbour, a friend or take them with you, but get moving chicken
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Don't wait get off your computer and go. Meet him... have a neighbor drive you!!! Seriously... A baby born early, is not great on it's own, don't go giving birth while on cafe mom at home lol.. :D

CONGRATS!!!!

Hope you have a safe delivery ( AT the hospital ) :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I cant got no car and just moved to this state, dont know anyone that can take my kids, but hospital is close like 5mins.. he is still another 20 mins away..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My friend had her baby at 31 weeks. She was fine and actually came home with them 2 days later. My cousin had hers at 31.5 week. Twins and they both came home with her 3 days later.

That being said most 31 weekers have AT LEAST a 2 week stay in the NICU. Does your hospital have a level 3 NICU?

The doctor may be able to stop your labor if you get there in time. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• righto, so the kids are coming to hospital with you guys? Okay lie down, breathe slow, Are there older kids who can help little ones get ready? Is there a neighbour who is a grandma? would you consider knocking on her door and asking her for help?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• thanks 12:51, yeah its the best NICU in this state, I had planned on having her there cause my doctor knew she would be early he was hoping i could hold out a few more weeks but 3 times now that these labor contractions are this close in a week, AND i am on meds to stop them already and bedrest..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i hope you didn't have your baby, but if you did congrats! i had one at 32 weeks, he was over 5 lbs, but still had to spend 26 days in the nicu.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• good luck :) often they can stop labor but if not you will have a tough few weeks but your baby will most likely be ok in the end. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2010