is this what they mean by more discharge?

so i have read at a ton of places online that there's an increse of discharge during pregnancy... today when i coughed i thought that i peed myself and went to go change my undies but i didn't pee i had like this gooey clearish discharge sorta oozing down my underwear.... is that what they mean? Or could that have been some of my mucous plug? it did make my underwear wet like i had peed a little bit... im onlye 31 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it was clear, it wasn't your mucous plug. If it was gooey, it's normal. When I was 32 weeks I started having a very minimal watery discharge. It turned out I had a membrane leak, and had to be in the hospital until he was born at 36 weeks.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• 31 weeks, could be your mucus plug... which mean labor is getting here.

Increased discharge is exactly what you listed above. I think every girl has prego or not has their share of normal discharge..... when you're prego it's just more. Like feeling damp more often, needing to change underwear more often than usual and such.

It's an annoying part of prego-ness. :D

Congrats and good luck.

Be sure to let the doc. know about it : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Losing a mucus plug DOES NOT mean labor is near. You can lose it MANY times before labor.
    It was clear so odds are no it was not your plug, it could had been but most likely no. Yes increase like that happens. Many pregnant women wear thin pantie liners to catch that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2010