Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 year old ate neosporin pain relief.. help

happened about 3 hrs ago.. i left him with daddy and he got ahold of it.. has this happend to anyone else before and what signs should i look for if he gets sick? about to call poison control .. help

Answer Question
 
Maliah_13

Asked by Maliah_13 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You can call poison control to be sure but I don't think it's hardful. We had to put neosporin on our cat and he kept licking it off, but the vet said it's mostly vasoline and not harmful. I know... this is a child not a cat and I am not trying to compare the two. If there is an 800# on the tube I am sure you could call them for info too.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • Don't know, but do the poison control thing for sure. I would hope he didnt eat much, as i can't imagine it tasing too good?
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • 1-800-222-1222

    The people at Poison Control are very nice.
    Avarah

    Answer by Avarah at 1:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • THANKS LADIES.. I DID CALL LAST NIGHT... HE WAS FINE .. THE LADY JUST SAID THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN WOULD BE AN ALLERGIC REACTION WHICH IS RARE .. BUT HE WAS FINE.. THANK GOODNESS...
    Maliah_13

    Answer by Maliah_13 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • My daughter just did the exact same thing. I had to call poison control. The lady told me that her mouth might go numb for a bit because of the anesthetic, but I shouldn't worry about anything because it wasn't a whole mouth full. It's so scary when your children eat things they are not supposed to eat. I am so happy that your little one is ok!
    Mikismom05

    Answer by Mikismom05 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.