Should I relocate my children to be closer to the child that lives with her dad?

I have 4 children(3 of whom live with me)16,14,6 and a 10 y/o that has lived with her dad and stepmom for the past 5 yrs.She lives in another parish an hour away.I have recently hired an attorney to modify the current visitation schedule.And am strongly considerring moving close to my daughter.My children are currently homeschooled because I dont live in a very good public school district,and if I moved there the public schools are great.My mother,and other family members are saying that it makes no sense to move my kids just because of an upcoming court date and that my current home is not far enough away to negatively impact the ruling.I disagree,besides my daughter knowing I would be 5 min.away vs an hour,the schools are better and I feel as though I would get extra time during the schoolweek if I were near her.My children dont have a preference either way and I am confused about what to do.I would have to commute to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Your kids don't care if they go to school or not. My kids homeschooled and they had strong opinions.

Could you move half way. Then you would be half an hour from her and half an hour from work . Half an hour seems like so much less than an hour.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2010