baby pimples or acne.........?

my baby is 6 weeks. people come up to me to see her; naturally. When they do they always say "awh she's so beautiful-whats wrong with her face!?" ...........?!?! what do you mean whats wrong with her face she's BEAUTIFUL....well she has a bunch of red risen bumpies all over her cheeks, forehead, scalp, and on her neck and chest. Is this just baby pimples/acne or something else? I did put some lotion on it last night for the first time and the redness went down. I plan to take her to the doctor for her 1 month check up and ill ask them but wanted an opinion now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby had the same thing i was told it was ezema (not sure if thats spelt right) the doctor told me to switch lotions and body washes to anything without a smell of color and also prescibed some cream within the week her face was all clear she was also about 6 weeks
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 1:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my son had baby acne around that age....
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• They are milk spots or baby spots- not an infection, and probably not eczema, but don't put anything other than baby sorbelene on it. Almost all babies get this, mine looked like teeagers LOL It lasts for a week or two, there is no need to do anything else, just warm water to cleanse and sorbelene morning and night
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 2:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• sometimes babies get acne from the hormones from mama during birth. that is the type that will disappear soon. if this persists, i would cut dairy from your diet if you are breastfeeding, and i would look for a non dairy formula if you are formula feeding. believe it or not dairy is the #1food intolerance/ sensitivity. i had a friend that breast fed and her son is lactose intolerant...just a spot of milk in her morning tea would be enough for her son to break out all over his cheeks. look at the ingredients of any thing you put on your baby's skin, and wikipedia the ones you don't know.
    congrats on your new baby!!!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• baby acne is common due to the left over mama hormones in their bodies. ususally it goes away on it's own. Your pediatrician will be able to help you decide if it needs treating or if it's best left alone.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2010